Crime Log

Nov 16

1:25 a.m.

On a nightly patrol, an officer approached students in the amphitheater outside Harris/Millis. The students were found to be smoking marijuana. The officer confiscated 2.3 grams of the drug from the individuals.

11:12 p.m.

Hall staff in University Heights South contacted Police Services after they smelled an odor of marijuana from a dorm room in the building. When Police Services arrived, they were able to locate the room. Although no marijuana was taken from students, six beers were confiscated.

Nov 17

12:17 a.m.

On a nightly patrol, an officer came across students by Jeanne Mance hall. When the officer approached the students, he/she noticed that the students had Red Cross blood donation signs in their possession. The officer told the students to return the signs and they did so without incident

1:38 a.m.

An officer drove by Coolidge Hall when a screen fell out of the windows in the building and nearly hit the police car. The officer got out of the vehicle to see what had happened and determined that a student had been cooking and opened the window to vent out the kitchen area. In doing so, however, the screen fell out.

Nov 18

5:57 a.m.

A maintenance worker at Centennial Field reported a burglary into the plumbing shop on the grounds. The individual entered the building through a broken window. The only thing taken was a part that attaches to a propane torch. No one has been identified yet in this incident. 

9:22 a.m.

An employee of the University contacted Police Services after he/she saw what appeared to be a firearm in a parked car outside Delehanty Hall. When police arrived, it was determined that what the employee saw was a gun case without a gun inside. However, it was discovered that there was a firearm inside the vehicle. The owner of the vehicle was asked to move it to another location that was not on campus, and the individual did so without incident.