Crime Log

Jan. 4

11:52 p.m.

Police were contacted after a door was found open on the Ethan Allen campus in Colchester.  When police arrived, nothing was found to be disturbed and it was thought that the door might be faulty.

Jan. 6

11:46 a.m.

An employee contacted Police Services after ice damaged his/her car in the Waterman parking lot. The ice, which was on the roof of the building, slid off and broke the back windshield of the car and caused more damage to the back of the car. No one was injured in this incident.

Jan. 7

8:46 p.m.

A student contacted Police Services after returning from break to find that his/her room had been broken into. The student reported that he/she lived in the cottages on Trinity campus and after coming back to campus had, discovered that he/she had been robbed.  It is not clear when the burglary occurred, and no one has been identified yet in this incident. 

Jan 8

1:01 a.m

A person called the police after hearing loud music coming from an apartment at the Redstone Apartments. The person was not a student and was issued a noise ticket for the music.

Jan 9

8:34 a.m.  

Police Services was contacted after a car that was parked in the Jeffords parking lot rolled out of its space and down an embankment.  No one was injured in this incident.

Jan 11

2:41 a.m.  

Police were contacted after an intrusion alarm went off at 460 South Prospect Street. When police arrive, however, they could not determine a reason or cause for the alarm to have gone off.