Crime Log

Sept. 14

1:41 a.m.

A report came in to Police Services about a person trying to break into cars in the Robinson Parking Lot on Redstone Campus.  The person did not enter any of the cars, but when police arrived, they were unable to locate the individual.  The person who reported the incident told police that the individual trying to get into the cars hid in the bushes and then took off down the street. No further incident was reported

Sept. 15

8:40 p.m

Two backpacks containing laptops were stolen from cubbies by the entrance in the Harris/Millis dining hall.  The investigation into this incident is still underway. According to the Police Services website, the suspect (who was caught on camera) is an African American male with a shaved head and is described in the press release as wearing “a blue sweat shirt with “VERMONT” on front, dark athletic type pants and light sneakers” in the video. 

11:13 p.m

Hall staff in Tupper Hall contacted Police Services after smelling an odor of marijuana coming from one of the dorm rooms. When police arrived, they located the room and confiscated 13 beers and 3.5 grams of the drug from students.

Sept. 16

5:01 p.m.

A student in a ground floor dorm room in Chittenden Hall reported an attempted burglary. The student reported that they were in the room when someone’s hand appeared outside the window and began cutting the screen. The student yelled, and the would-be thief took off.  The student originally reported the incident to their RA, and it was then later reported to Police Services. No one has been identified as the person who attempted to break into the room.  

9:01 p.m.

Someone called Police Services and said that there was a person outside the Marsh Austin Tupper complex with a telescope and tripod set up. The caller was concerned that this individual might be looking into dorm room windows.  When police arrived to investigate, no one was located and no telescope or tripod was seen.