Crime Log

March 21

5:45  p.m.

An iPhone had been taken from a student’s unlocked room in Harris Millis. The student called the phone number, but the phone had been turned off. There are no suspects.

March 22

1:02 a.m.

An officer driving through the UVM parking garage noticed a parked vehicle running with its lights on. A student was found asleep inside. The student drove home after being woken up.

March 22

11:20 p.m.

Hall staff in the Living/Learning Complex turned over a confiscated bong to police for destruction.

March 23

9:46 p.m.

A former UVM student was  issued a no-trespass order. The student had violated the University’s weapons policy, which prohibits knives with blades over 3-inches long. Allegedly, the student had been showing his friends in Christie Hall the knife, and one of the individuals who had seen it reported it to hall staff, who forwarded the report to police.

March 23

10:46 p.m.

A pizza delivery vehicle was egged in the Mercy Hall parking lot.

March 24

1:16 p.m.

Two swastikas had been drawn with black marker on a toilet and on a shower wall in the gender neutral bathroom in Wing Hall. The letters “BM” had been written next to each. Police are trying to develop possible connections between the letters BM and the swastikas.

March 24

2:56 p.m.

Police received an anonymous report of an incident near Trinity campus and the medical center. A female student reported that she had been walking near the hospital at about 12:45 p.m. when an unknown male came up behind her, grabbed her and said, “How are you doing?” This surprised the female student so much that she immediately ran away.