Crime Log

Oct. 2

10:22 a.m. A student in the Votey building called police to report a stolen cell phone. About an hour and a half later, the student called back and said they found the phone.

2:35 a.m. Police noticed someone speeding and weaving down Spear street, turning onto Quarry Hill road, and pulled the person over. The person was charged with DUI and has been cited into court.

Oct. 3

2:12 a.m. A student in Sichel Hall had been vomiting and feeling light headed. When police arrived along with UVM rescue to help the student, they saw marijuana and a pipe, and took the items.

7:27 p.m. Resident Advisers in Austin Hall reported a marijuana odor coming from a student’s room. When officers arrived, the student told them nothing was there.

Oct. 4

6:36 p.m. Someone stole a wallet from a purse in Williams Hall. The purse had been left under a desk unattended.

Oct. 5

8:57 a.m. During health and safety checks, RAs took a bong from a student’s room in University Heights South 1, and turned it over to police. “We literally just take a hammer to them,” Lt. Larry Magnant said. “I’ve smashed some right here outside at police services, one whack with a hammer and that’s all it takes” he said.

10:15 a.m. Someone spotted a moose walking between Quarry Hill Road and the UVM farm on Spear Street When the officer arrived, the moose had been running towards the wooded area on the South side of the farm.