Crime Log: Feb. 19 – Feb. 24

Feb. 19

7:10 p.m.

A student has been summoned to court for possession of hallucinogenic drugs. After marijuana smoke set off a  fire alarm in University Heights North 1, officers investigated. When they arrived they found 7 grams of mushrooms in the student’s room. The student will be arraigned in court March 10.

Feb. 20

3:56 p.m.

A UVM employee reported their bicycle stolen from Lafayette Hall. The employee usually keeps it in a closet in the building and uses the bike as their primary method of transportation to and from work. There are no suspects at this time.

Feb. 21

12:31 a.m.

Hall staff reported an intoxicated student in Wing Hall to police. The student seemed very sick and had been vomiting.  An ambulance arrived and brought the student to the emergency room, where the student remained for a few hours before being transferred to ACT1, the 24-hour detoxification center. The student’s blood alcohol level was recorded at .187. A report has been forwarded to the Center for Student Ethics & Standards.

Feb. 21

12:55 a.m.

Police received a report of a loud party at the Redstone Apartments. Upon arrival, the officer didn’t discover any noise that the officer considered unreasonable and listed the noise complaint as unconfirmed. However, the officer did note that while approaching the area, he noticed people leaving, but couldn’t confirm they were coming from the party.

Feb. 21

8:12 p.m.

Patterson Hall staff called police services reporting that someone who “did not appear to be a student” had been jiggling door handles, which police believe was an attempt to locate unlocked doors. The individual was also described as possibly intoxicated. Officers responded, but didn’t find the individual and have not received any theft reports from Patterson Hall.

Feb. 24

8:50 a.m.

Police received a report of an incoming suspicious package from the UVM Print and Mail Center. A package smelling of marijuana had arrived in the mailroom. The individual to whom the package had been addressed has been notified. This incident remains an ongoing investigation, and police wouldn’t comment.