Aaron Carter wants more

?With so many comebacks, it shouldn?t be a surprise as to who will be resurfacing into the spotlight next. From Betty White to Wayfarer sunglasses, the past few years have been comprised of a great amount of nostalgia. However, when news broke that the dreamy teen popstar who sang our childhood favorite songs ?I Want Candy? and ?Aaron?s Party? was now a 25 year-year old adult looking for a chance to rejoin the musical industry, it came as a fantastically unexpected surprise to many. That?s right; Aaron Carter is back and ready to make a huge comeback after nearly eight years by kicking off a 150-show tour appropriately dubbed the ?After Party Tour,? which includes a stop at Higher Ground Sept. 19. Performing with the same band he has been headlining with for four of his previous tours at the beginning of the century, Aaron Carter is reviving the childhoods of his once preteen fans with all of the songs they grew up with.To make Carter?s comeback even better, he also plans to have a new album out to showcase his maturity. The Cynic caught up with Carter to discuss his foray back into the musical spotlight, his desire to collaborate with Justin Bieber and to see if he still does indeed want Candy. Vermont Cynic : What made you come back into the musical spotlight?Aaron Carter : Well, I mean, I never really wanted to leave.I?ve been trying to get back into it ever since my parents had a falling out: they had a divorce and they were my managers and that?s kind of where it all stopped for me because obviously when they got divorced, they stopped being my managers. It has taken years to make connections with people and for people to start believing in me and seeing what I?m capable of and everything like that.VC: So, what do you think the difference is from performing on your previous tours versus your new tour, the After Party Tour?AC: Well, there is a difference. The difference is that I am more mature. I sound more mature and besides that it?s pretty much the same vibe. I have the same band that I did four headlining tours of my own with, so I?ve got the same band back for the tour with me. So the sounds are going to be especially familiar for people who have been to my concerts before? It?s nostalgic not only for my fans, but for myself.VC: What can we all expect when we go to your concert? AC: Oh, well you can expect a live show, a really talented great band of musicians backing me up, singing all of the fan favorites? that everyone grew up listening to.VC: What?s your favourite part of performing? AC: It?s probably being able to connect with my fans and being able to just talk to them and see them and basically almost reintroduce myself to them.VC: Is it true that you are thinking of doing another album? AC: Absolutely. It is definitely true. I will definitely be releasing music as soon as I can. It will be more like toward the rockier stuff that I did before ?To All the Girls/ Do you Remember,? it is going to be like the vibe of that, basically in the domain of what Bruno Mars is doing; that is where I am going.VC: If you could collaborate with any artist, who would it be and why?AC: Probably Justin Bieber. I think that we could probably do something cool together and it would be really weird and cool for the two of us to do.VC: Lastly, I have to ask? do you still want Candy? AC: Oh yeah, everyday.