Artists are set for SpringFest

The atmosphere has been set for SpringFest 2014, and yes, hip-hop duo Atmosphere will be headlining. The annual concert, held on the Chittenden-Buckham-Wills green, is set for April 26, and will also feature Remix Artist Collective (RAC) and electronic indie-rock duo Tanlines as supporting acts, as well as the UVM bands of Binger and Tar Iguana. ?I was more excited than a cat with catnip when I found out Atmosphere is coming,? sophomore Dana Elleman said.The University Program Board , which puts on the yearly concert, is responsible for choosing the performing acts each year. ?We thought that it would be a really good fit for UVM students and it would definitely be a different direction from SpringFest last year,? said senior Alex McVarish, a member of the UPB concerts committee.The Minnesota duo that is Atmosphere consists of MC Sean ?Slug? Daley and producer Anthony ?Ant? Davis. The two formed the group in 1996 and have been recording and touring ever since, according to their Facebook page.They currently have seven with an eighth, entitled “Southsiders,” due to drop May 6.?I?m like uber stoked to finally get to see my main man Slug, live and in the flesh,? junior Hunter Jakupko said. ?GodLovesUgly is pretty much the theme song to my life. Ugly people unite!?In addition to attempting to bring something different to the concert table every year, UPB also wanted to ensure that the performers would cater to a wide variety of students. ?Last year a lot of the energy was in the first two acts, and I think that this year it will be a lot of energy all the way through,? McVarish said. ?We did try to get some diversity between [the acts] to try to appeal to everyone.?SpringFest 2013, which featured MGMT as the main act, sold out before the day of the show. This year seems to have UVM students eager as well, based on their positive feedback.?I absolutely cannot wait to see Atmosphere,? sophomore Alyssandra Tobin said. ?I usually hate bugs, but I love Slug and Ant.?Tickets for this year?s show are available at Flynntix.org as well as in the UVM Bookstore. The tickets will be priced at $10 for UVM students, $20 for other college students and $30 for the general public. ?