Artists on the way

While the Burlington music scene is rich with treasures, national acts are often sorely missed. Here are some shows to get excited for in the coming months. The Carolina Chocolate Drops (March 28, Higher Ground):If you?ve seen them before, you know that their performances are proof of how energetic humans can be. The band is lead by Rhiannon Giddens? gospel-country fusion vocals, joined by fiddle leads, hand percussion and more. Tickets are $18 in advance and $20 the day of.Pilobolus (May 2, Flynn Center):I?m not much of a dance fan, but a Pilobolus show is more like watching acrobats create the subject of great paintings. From slow-moving pieces, to throwing themselves against clear plastic walls at the front of the stage, Pilobolus tests the limits of the human body with every step. Tickets range from $15 to $55.Bread and Puppet Theater (May 16, Flynn Center): Remember that insanely trippy scene in ?Across the Universe? with the puppet circus? Bread and Puppet Theater is a lot like that.With a mission of cheap art and other political stances, Bread and Puppet Theater creates a world beyond our own. A world with towering puppets dressed in flannel, top hats and fire costumes alike. Tickets are $25.