Cynic Picks: Jazz-trap and noisey raps

?Get Up? Young FathersThe noise-rap-n?-pop trio responsible for two spectacular EPs ? 2011?s ?Tape One? and 2012?s ?Tape Two? ? are coming out with their latest single off of their debut LP, ?DEAD.?With drums rolling along powerfully and synthesizers bubbling all over this thing, ?Get Up? is one hella-tasty jam. The chorus is so catchy, the beat so tasty, the lyrics so complex: this single makes ?DEAD? all the more an album to look out for when it drops Feb. 3.?CS60? BADBADNOTGOODJazz and hip-hop hybrid BADBADNOTGOOD have their music at a point never heard before on ?CS60.?Combining jazz grooves with boom-bap drums, 808-bass lines and keyboard swells, this song is a sign for hope that BADBBADNOTGOOD?s next work will be something incredibly impressive. Who would have thought that jazz-trap would honestly be this freakishly amazing??Stay Happy There?La DisputeJust because the lead vocals are shouted does not discredit the beauty of the music. As La Dispute has proved, sometimes the harshness makes the album all the more emotional. ?Stay Happy There,? the first single in promotion for La Dispute?s upcoming release ?Rooms of the House,? coming out March 18, continues the trend of stunning harshness. The lyrics suggest a theme of hardship in love and life, and a prevailing sense of everything in life breaking the floodgates, making everything feel overwhelming. The song is a sign of great things to come.?Mess on a Mission? LiarsThis is the best electro-pop song of 2014 so far. ?Mess on a Mission? will be in a million commercials and movie previews. The groove is hyper-funky, and the refrain, ?Facts are facts and fiction?s fiction,? will get stuck in your head. Like a combination of Dan Deacon and Purity Ring, this song sounds like a synthesizer-led venture into the Underworld, and there?s a dance party being held where Satan is a moonwalking hipster. ?HI-FIVE?Angel OlsenA great fuzzy-buzzy lo-fi guitar jam, ?HI-FIVE? is Angel Olsen bearing her soul in the traditional four-minute rock song format. Her voice sounds soulful and raw, and this aspect is made clear over the rollicking instrumentation. The lyrics say it all: ?Are you lonely too? Hi-five! So am I.?If this is a sign of what?s to come from her upcoming release ?Burn Your Fire For No Witness,? then everyone should get their umbrellas out, as these rough emotions don?t just rain but pour.