End near for Walt, Jesse

?Many will point to the final scene of ?Granite State,? ?Breaking Bad?s? penultimate episode, as definitive proof that Walter White has never truly cared about his family, and that he continues to only care about himself. Observe: his family won?t accept his money, and cuts him off completely. So he gives up, calls the DEA, and has one last drink.Except Walt?s story doesn?t end there, because of course it doesn?t. He sees Grey Matter publicly slandering him on Charlie Rose, and he?s off, full of prideful rage. The catalyst for the final whirlwind is nothing more than anger, embarrassment, and pride. Walter White is a troubled man.In this moment Walt realizes that with his family effectively disowning him, there?s nothing holding him back anymore. He did what he could, and now he moves on, desperately trying to save the one thing he still can: his name.Jesse?s in a bad place; I know he?s the only character many still root for, but I honestly would have rather seen him killed last week, instead of being forced to experience the torture he?s currently enduring. I mean, I know they?re neo-Nazi?s, but geez.Other things happened, but there?s no point summarizing for you. You?re watching this story unfold just as the rest of the world is. The next step would be laying out possible endings of the show and then calculating the odds of how likely each outcome is to actually be what happens. But I think this is pointless too. Why bother? In four days there will be no more ?Breaking Bad.? I think at last we?ve earned the privilege to just sit back and wait. Let?s enjoy watching the conclusion of this horrifying, epic story. What matters more than what happens in the final hour of ?Breaking Bad? doesn?t matter nearly as much as what the show has already accomplished. Much like ?Lost? before it, there will never be a show like ?Breaking Bad.? If you aren?t watching with the rest of the world, you?re missing out on something you can never experience again.AMC transformed a pilot no network would greenlight into a cultural phenomenon, redefining the term ?can?t-miss television.? There might be better shows out there, but right now, if you miss an episode of ?Breaking Bad,? you?re missing a historical moment in time.