Grand Point Weird exhibits national artwork

?A prominent feature of the Grand Point North Festival this year, ?Grand Point Weird,? provided concertgoers with an exposition of visual art to accompany the weekend?s musical performances and was curated by Grace Potter?s sister Charlotte.Modeled after a three-ring circus, the exhibit included sculptures, such as an enormous disco ball, and tents displaying video artworks submitted by artists from throughout the country. Featured videos included the awkward encounters of a man in a horse mask and a bizarre Harlem Shake. Attendees also had the opportunity to observe glassblowing demonstrations. Willing participants could also take part in a performance of ?Bottled Emotion,? a pseudo therapy and glass blowing activity designed by Potter herself. Individuals were invited to release any and all of their bottled-up emotions into a molten glass bubble using an oxygen mask attached to a blowpipe. The bubble would grow and grow until it became filled with the participant?s emotion, at which point Charlotte would cut the glass from the rod, shattering the built-up negativity.On Saturday night fans also had the opportunity to observe a demonstration by Robin Rogers entitled ?Glass Rain.? In this performance, molten glass was placed into a wire basket held on the top of a tall stand, where it would then ?rain? down to the applause of the captivated audience. ?I really like that they are showcasing art this year,? UVM alumnus Jessie-Ruth Corkins said. ?I think it adds a lot to the festival.??Grand Point Weird? looks to be a regular installment in future festivals, offering fans a fresh perspective on the weirder world of visual art.