Metal medley hits this city

Brace your ears: a storm of distorted guitars and blast beasts is coming to Burlington Feb. 24. The Asheville, N.C. native, progressive metal band Between the Buried and Me is romping across the states on tour.The small tour also features the groups Deafheaven, Intronaut and The Kindred.Between the Buried and Me?s lead guitarist, Paul Wagonner, said he feels confident in the impact of the tour?s lineup. ?We like to play with guys we like, y?know,? Wagonner said. ?We feel like this is a good group we?ve got.?The group has not been to Burlington in years, but said they are excited as anything to be back. ?We?re really excited to take [the tour] into Burlington?it?s a smaller, kinda hippy town that reminds me of Asheville,? he said.The set-up for the show is more stripped down than usual, but will not fall below expectation, Wagonner said. ?We?re going to have a light show, [probably] these circular screens with projections on them,? he said.?People are going to get their money?s worth, it?s going to be really awesome,? Waggoner said.First-year Joseph Charles said he is ?incredibly hyped? for the event, which coincides with the celebration of his birthday. ?I?m so pumped for this show?hopefully there?ll be my first mosh pit, and I?m gonna mosh the shit out of it,? he said. Between the Buried and Me have put out six full-length LPs and an EP. They are still touring off the release of their 2012 album ?The Parallax II: Future Sequence.?Deafheaven is touring in support of their latest LP, ?Sunbather,? which reached many publications? year-end Best Of lists, including Rolling Stone, Pitchfork and NPR.Waggoner counts himself among the album?s many fans. ?Of all the records from the past year I really enjoyed the new Deafheaven record,? he said.Intronaut is touring in support of their 2013 LP ?Habitual Levitations (Instilling Words with Tones),? and the Kindred is soon to release their forthcoming album ?Life in Lucidity,? which comes out Feb. 25.The latter group, despite never putting out a full release under their current name, Waggoner thinks is going to ?wow? those who have never heard them.?I am really siked for the Kindred,? he said. ?I think people are going to be surprised by them?