Rapper’s new single fights racism in U.S.

Kendrick Lamar recently released an explosive and provocative track that caused a commotion in the hip-hop community.

The song “Blacker the Berry” bluntly dissects the volatile racial crisis confronting African-Americans today.

Lamar’s lyrics emphasize ethnic pride, which he expressed in his recent single “I,”  along with conflicting feelings regarding white assault on African-Americans and the hate that exists within the black communities.

“You hate my people, your plan is to terminate my culture,” he said.

The black community has experienced terrorism from society, both physically and through media messages.

“I’m a proud monkey,” Lamar said.

The artist’s free nature and use of blunt vocabulary slaps his listeners with the  raw reality of urban, neglected and abused cities around the nation.

Lamar, who called himself “the biggest hypocrite of 2015,” addressed his comment on the Ferguson case.

He said that in order to get respect, the black community had to respect itself first.

He has faced harsh criticism by fellow rappers who found the comment to be ignorant.

“Blacker the Berry,” was an attack on his own feelings regarding the racial crisis; his confusion is evident.    

Lamar feels that the messages and stereotypes forced on blacks are stifling and overwhelming.

“You vandalized my perception,” he said, referring to the police department and media.

It is this intrusion that has caused the artist to misinterpret his thoughts about the racial situation.

“When gang banging make me kill a nigga blacker than me?” Lamar said.

The artist compares the magnitude of the decay of the black  community to civil war between the Zulu and Xhosa ethnic groups of Africa, highlighting his desperation.

Lamar called the crisis a result of “institutionalized manipulation and lies.”