Which flicks to pick

The Oscars are in less than two weeks, so it is time for predictions.Who will take home the gold? Let?s figure it all out.Best Picture: ?12 Years a Slave?It?s not a sure bet, but a safe one for this year?s award. In terms of quality, ?12 Years? is an effective film but not a great one. With the Academy recently receiving criticism for their treatment of flicks of that topic, some voters might deem it necessary to have this movie win.Best Actor: Matthew McConaughey ? ?Dallas Buyers Club?McConaughey was what made ?Dallas Buyers Club? such a superb feature. He lost a quarter of his whole body weight for the film, which is an act that the Academy views as a plus.Best Actress: Cate Blanchett ? ?Blue Jasmine?Who is a total shoe-in? Cate Blanchett, whose performance in ?Blue Jasmine? was a major part of why it was one of the best Woody Allen films in a decade. She is a clear win.Best Supporting Actor: Jared Leto ? ?Dallas Buyers Club?Leto?s character, Reyon, required tons of talent;iIf he messed up this important role, the film would have been much less effective.As the rule goes, if you can?t imagine the same film without the same actor, he should win. Best Supporting Actress: Lupita Nyong?o ? ?12 Years a Slave?Best part of ?12 Years?? Nyong?o, whose depiction of a slave truly beaten beyond her limits brought overwhelming humanity and despair to the screen.