And the living is easy

This summer, you’re probably working. That doesn’t mean, however, that you can’t have a good time on the weekends! Here are a few idyllic one or two night vacations that won’t break the bank.

Truro, MA

Cape Cod is one of the most popular New England beach getaways during the summer, and is accordingly very expensive.

You can skirt the prices by staying at a youth hostel, the HI-Truro. Sleeping in a dorm-style bed is about $30 a night over the summer, which may sound pretty steep for a hostel-until you realize that a beautiful beach is a 3-minute walk away.

The Truro hostel is clean, fun, social and very beautiful. To save further, bring food to cook in the kitchen. For those who aren’t content just to veg, happening Provincetown is right nearby.

Littleton, NH

While this small New Hampshire town isn’t necessarily a major tourist hub, it is a comfortable site for a bargain getÂaway.

Nearby, The Rocks Estate, a 1,400 acre reserve, offers free hiking trails. Located on Main Street, Thayers Inn is just $45 for a double — breakfast included — with a shared bathroom. But, hey, you’re used to it.

Champlain Islands, VT

If you’re spending the summer in Burlington, you may want to get away from the city life. Or, you may have the desire to escape from civilization altogether. Check out the Champlain Islands, just 45 minutes to the north.

Convenient, accessible and scenic, most mid-priced accommodations have stellar views of the lake.