Aphrodisiacs make things fiesty

With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, the pressure is on to make the most of the romantic holiday. If your Friday night plans are looking lackluster, here are a few scrumptious goodies ensuring a steamy love affair this weekend. 

Oysters

These shellfish, one of the most notorious aphrodisiacs, are full of rare amino acids proven to trigger the release of sex hormones in both men and women. Oysters are also packed with zinc, known to increase sperm count and raise libido in men, according to the Telegraph

Chocolate

It’s no wonder you can’t escape these sweet treats during the season of love. Chocolate contains two amino acids, tryptophan and phenylethylamine, that get us feeling frisky. 

Tryptophan is a precursor to serotonin, a neurotransmitter involved in sexual arousal. Phenylethylamine naturally surges in release during orgasm and also signals the release of dopamine, which affects the pleasure centers in our brains, according to eHarmony.com.

Chili Peppers 

The consumption of chili peppers can increase heart rate, improve circulation and promote sweating, all of which mimic the state of sexual arousal. 

Beyond just getting you in the mood, capsaicin, the active component of chili pepper, may increase nerve sensitivity, intensifying a sexual experience, according to Woman’s Day magazine. 

Before getting intimate, be sure to wash your hands. You really don’t want that tingling sensation in the wrong places. 

Honey

Birds and the bees anyone? 

This sweet and sticky treat is packed with the trace mineral Boron, aiding in the production of both estrogen and testosterone. 

Studies also show that a small dose of honey may significantly raise levels of nitric oxide. Nitric oxide is a chemical released in blood during arousal, according to BenefitsOfHoney.com.