April Fools’ Day comedy show cancelled

UVM’s annual April Fools’ Day comedy show has been cancelled.

This years’ show was set to be hosted by Godfrey C. Danchimah, professionally known as Godfrey. The comedy show was cancelled due to Godfrey having an “unexpected obligation,” according to the University Program Bored. Comedians like Erik Griffin from “Workaholics,” as well as Carly Aquilino and Dan St. Germain from “Guy Code” and “Girl Code” respectively have been hosted in previous years, according to the Bored website.

Godfrey is a comedian and actor who has appeared in shows such as “30 Rock” and “Louie,” and the movie “Zoolander,” according to his IMDb page. Students said that there was a lack of awareness about the show, including its cancellation.

“[I] didn’t even know that the event was happening… maybe the whole thing was an April Fools’ joke to begin with,” sophomore Zach Fayer said.

Sophomore Ned Smith expressed his disappointment regarding the show’s cancellation. “Even though I didn’t know it was happening, it probably would have taken stress off of the students,” Smith said.

Other students like junior Krista Cantrell said they thought the event would have been fun. “I don’t know why they would have cancelled it [the show]… it would have been a lot of fun to attend,” Cantrell said.