How do you like your muffins?

If you love The Skinny Pancake, then chances are you won’t mind her kin, The Chubby Muffin. Nestled on 88 Oak St. in the Old North End of Burlington, this quaint restaurant, the sister to The Skinny Pancake is serving a lot more than just muffins.  One of the breakfast choices is “The Quickee” which consists of Cabot cheddar cheese and local egg served on a homemade English muffin. The price is a very reasonable $2.95.  Of course, the muffins cannot be left out. The assortment ranges from apple cinnamon to pesto red pepper. Personally, the banana chocolate chip was quite appetizing. Two of the different types of muffin sizes are the “Skinny” and the “Chubby,” priced between $2.25 and $3.15. With a cup of coffee or tea, this makes for a nice on-the-go breakfast.  Surprisingly enough, The Chubby Muffin doesn’t only serve breakfast. Lunch varies from The “Local Beef Burger” to the “Southern Gentleman.”  The “Local Beef Burger,” only $4.95, is made up of local beef patty, Cabot cheddar cheese on a homemade English muffin. It comes with a side of Madhouse Munchies potato chips and a pickle.  Though the Chubby Muffin has only been open for six weeks, it’s already making an impact on the Burlington community. The Chubby Muffin has a lot of kitchen space and doubles as a community kitchen. The City Market/Onion River Co-op sponsors free cooking classes, and a schedule can be found at www.citymarket.coop/news/calendar.  So, try something new! Walk a couple of blocks to The Chubby Muffin between 6:30 a.m.-3 p.m. Monday through Friday, and 8 a.m.-3 p.m. on weekends.