Filed under Campus Life, Life

Skinny Pancake climbs the hill to a home on campus

UVM is providing students with another option to sink their teeth into.

The Skinny Pancake opened last week, replacing Alice’s Café in the Living/Learning Complex and many students say they ap- prove.

Skinny Pancake is now open on campus PHOTO BY SARAH OLSEN

“I love the downtown location so I’m really excited that they’ve brought one to campus,” junior Kaeli Mace said.

The opening came as a result of an agreement signed between

Sodexo and UVM, according to an article published by University Communications.

“There was a request for more options on campus, specifically more local options,” said Melissa Zelazny, resident district manager for UVM Dining. “Alice’s Cafe was determined as a great fit for the Skinny Pancake,” Zelazny said.

Zelazny said the Real Food Program committee, which includes students, was in support of the plan.

“Many of the changes you see this year in dining are a result of the input of the committee last year,” Zelazny said.

Junior Lindsey Flanders said she really likes the new addition.

“It gives more on-campus food options that are still local,” Flanders said.

An item on the menu at the new Skinny Pancake on campus is pictured. PHOTO BY SARAH OLSEN

Senior Alex Olson said he doesn’t miss Alice’s at all.

“The other day I had the best breakfast sandwich I’ve ever had in my life and it only cost 50 cent’s more than the Marche,” Olson said. “And [the Skinny Pancake] is open much more often,” he said.

Junior Hannah Schaefer said she appreciates the convenience of the location.

“Although Alice’s was a classic, it’s nice to have the Skinny Pancake right on campus,” Schaefer said. “I don’t have to walk all the way down to the bottom of the hill,” she said.

But junior Teresa Dotson said it’s a little sad that Alice’s is gone. “It had been on campus for so long,” Dotson said. “But it is really nice that you can get breakfast all day and that the Skinny Pancake is open early in the morning and late at night, which Alice’s was not,” she said.

The Skinny Pancake is open Monday through Wednesday 7:30 a.m. to 10 p.m., Thursday to Friday from 7:30 a.m. until 12:30 a.m and from 9 a.m. on weekends, Saturday until 12:30 a.m. and Sunday until 10 p.m.