The Waterman Manor: UVM’s hidden gem

After a while, eating on campus becomes tedious. Even if you are on points, the standard on-campus dining can become old quickly. Eating out frequently can add up after a while, and you do pay for your meal plan, so why not take advantage? A lot of people forget about the Waterman Manor, and because of this when I went only a handful of tables were occupied. Waterman Manor is the only place on campus where there is a wait staff, and gratuities are not accepted. There are no appetizers and the menu is rather small, but that’s okay, because it’s a restaurant that actually accepts points while giving you the restaurant experience. We cannot be too picky. There are 10 different courses, including a Classic Manor Burger and Stephen’s Fish Tacos. For vegetarians, there are Crispy Tofu and Spicy Peanut Noodles as well as a Manor Soup and Salad Bar. Each meal is $11. The best part about the meal at Waterman Manor is the dessert. There’s Carrot Cake, New York Style Cheesecake, Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie and Molten Lava Chocolate Cake. The Molten Lava Chocolate Cake is spectacular and is a must at only $5. At the end of the meal, you can pay with points. Realistically, you spend just as many points in the dining hall or in the Marché, so why not treat yourself? Unfortunately, the Waterman Manor is only open a few hours every day between 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, but it’s worth squeezing into your schedule. So take the trip to the top of Waterman and escape the dining facilities once in a while.