Filed under Features

Your Weekend Fix: 9/18-20

[Editor’s Note:    

The Weekend Fix is a weekly column highlighting the good/weird/tragically overlooked events and activities that YOU should be doing this weekend.]

Friday, Sept. 18

Looking to get moving after a week of laying low and avoiding the heat? Check out Salsa Night at 9 p.m. at Zen Lounge. 

If salsa’s not your thing, but ballet is more up your alley, pop down to the Flynn Theater to see the Russian Grand Ballet perform Swan Lake at 8 p.m.

Saturday, Sept. 19

Hailing from Harlem, underground hip-hop group Cannibal Ox will play Signal Kitchen at 9 p.m. Fans of the genre shouldn’t miss the chance to see these experienced performers

EatxNE is a free two-day event featuring local food and music. Presented by Higher Ground and the Skinny Pancake, two of Burlington’s favorite places, the celebration is sure to be a success. Kick off the weekend with the Hug Your Farmer All-Star Band and Josh Panda on Saturday in Oakledge Park at 3 p.m. All donations will go to local food nonprofits. Be sure to check out other events taking place throughout the weekend on Higher Ground’s website.

Higher Ground presents the The Punch Brothers at the Flynn Theater Saturday at 9 p.m. As an acoustic quintet interested in the way digital technology impacts our lives and the way music is made, the group will offer a thought-provoking and enjoyable evening.

Sunday, Sept 20

The popular Boston duo Aer will be performing at Higher Ground Sunday at 8 p.m., pleasing crowds with their intelligent, light-hearted hits. For those of you looking to forget about all those assignments for a while and dance the night away, here’s your chance.

On Sunday, EatxNE will be hosting the Rebirth Brass Band and Caroline Rose at Oakledge Park. The show starts at 11 p.m. and again, all proceeds will go to local food nonprofits. There will also be a Harvest Supper before the concert at Oakledge Park at 6 p.m celebrating local food and vendors. Tickets are available at http://www.highergroundmusic.com.