Crime Log

April 3

2:37 a.m.

Police responded to a report of a fire in Mason Hall. A student fell asleep while smoking on a futon. The student’s roommate woke up and smelled the futon starting to burn. The two students dragged the futon outdoors. There was no damage to the room. A report has been forwarded to the Center for Student Ethics & Standards.

April 4

3:07 a.m.

UVM police assisted Burlington police in finding a person screaming in the area of St. Paul and Maple streets. They did not find them.

April 5

11:50 a.m.

Two roommates in Austin Hall had a dispute. One roommate told police that his roommate pushed him, while the other roommate told police that his roommate threatened him with a stick. ResLife is trying to settle the dispute, and police referred the incident to the Center for Student Ethics & Standards.

April 5

11:12 p.m.

Hall staff in Harris Hall called police to report a person smoking marijuana. Some marijuana and pipes were confiscated.

April 6

2:52 a.m.

The door to the Wright Hall fitness center was reported unlocked and the lights had been left on. Nothing was found disturbed or taken from the fitness center.

April 6

6:50 a.m.

Police received a report through their online reporting system of a suspicious event in Davis Hall, which took place at 3:30 a.m. A student reported having heard a noise outside of the dorm room window and thought a person was tampering with the screen.

April 6

3:58 p.m.

Coolidge Hall staff confiscated some marijuana bongs and a grinder from a student’s room during room inspections, and turned them over to police for destruction. A report has been sent to the Center for Student Ethics & Standards.