Crime Log

April 11

7:51 p.m. 

Police received a report of a suspicious event at the Catamount Color Run.

One of the race participants reported that she overheard another student say, “I dropped my gun,” and saw what she perceived to be a small handgun on the ground. However, police were unable to locate any gun.

9:39 p.m.

A broken exit sign on the fourth floor of University Heights North complex was reported to police by hall staff.

April 12

1:37 a.m.

An officer found a student lying on the ground near Main and South Williams streets, on the front lawn of Jacobs House. The student was taken to UVM medical center and then ACT1 for detox. A report has been sent to the Center for Student Ethics & Standards.

11:21 a.m.

UVM police assisted Winooski police after a robbery at Simon’s Gas on 401 Main St. in Winooski, checking surrounding neighborhoods for the suspect. The suspect is described as a white male, clean-shaven, 5-foot-8, wearing a gray, hooded sweatshirt with dark-colored sleeves and carrying a green drawstring nylon bag.

8:25 p.m.

Police received a report of a stolen snowboard from Patterson Hall. The snowboard was left in the hallway, and was taken between 1 a.m. and 5:20 p.m.

10:06 p.m.

UVM police assisted South Burlington police in responding to a party on East Terrace.

April 15

11:17 p.m.

Police received a report of a person screaming on athletic campus. When officers arrived, they did not hear or find anyone screaming.

11:55 p.m.

Police received a report of a group of people playing a loud radio. When officers arrived, they did not hear any loud radio playing and did not find the group of people.