Fogel at the Firehouse

Burlington City Arts and Print Studio 250 are pleased to announce The 5th Annual Project, an annual exhibition highlighting the talents of twelve regional artists. Each artist works closely with Print Studio 250 Master Printer, David Curcio, who channels their natural talent and interpretation into each finished piece. This year will be especially unique as the exhibition moves back to the Firehouse Gallery after a two-year hiatus and the show will be on display for six weeks. The exhibition begins on November 21st and runs through January 4th, 2004. There will be an opening reception on the Friday, November 21st beginning at 5:30PM. “This year’s Print Project will see many artists using traditional print mediums in unexpected ways – the woodcut, the intaglio print and the monotype are explored from various angles by a group that is diverse in age, background, professional and artistic experience”, said Print Manager David Curcio. The only common thread is a desire to experiment and a willingness to take risks. Mary Azarian is one of the twelve artists working with David Curcio for this year’s show. Mary is a well-known woodcut artist, illustrator and children’s’ book author from central Vermont. Dan Fogel, poet and President of University of Vermont will be collaborating with artist Rachel Kahn, his wife. Their pieces will incorporate his poetry with Rachel’s artistic interpretation to create the finished work. Scott Lenhardt, a graphic artist who has designed products for Burton Snowboards and has had his work shown in many national snowboarding magazines will also be participating. These are just a few of the talented artists highlighted in the exhibition. All prints will be available to purchase and the proceeds will benefit Burlington City Arts’ Print Studio 250, a community printing studio and educational space. This year’s Print Project is generously underwritten by the Magic Hat Brewing Company. For more information about The 5th Annual Print Project, the Firehouse Center for the Visual Arts or Burlington City Arts, please call 865-7166 or visit www.BurlingtonCityArts.com. – Press Release