Grammy Wrap-Up

Every year there is someone who takes home an armful of awards and this time it was duo Alison Krauss and Led Zeppelin’s Robert Plant. Krauss has a bookshelf of 21 Grammys. “Raising Sand” pulled in a total of five awards including Best Record of the Year, Best Pop Collaboration with Vocals and – the biggie – Album of the Year.Best New Artist went to British songstress Adele who beat out Lady Antebellum, Duffy, Jazmine Sullivan and the Jonas Brothers.Adele also won Best Female Pop Vocal Performance.Song of the Year went to Coldplay for “Viva la Vida.” Coldplay also received Best Rock Album and Best Pop Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocals.Lil’ Wayne didn’t win Best Album of the Year, but he received an award for four out of the five Rap Categories, including Rap Album of the Year, and Best Rap performance for “A Milli.” Don’t be mad, Weezy, that’s pretty great.Daft Punk picked up two awards, for Best Dance Recording and Best Electronic/Dance Album for “Alive.”Radiohead snagged Best Alternative Album for “In Rainbows.”Best Rock Song went to Bruce Springsteen for “Girls in their Summer Clothes.”Favorite Alicia Keys won for Best Female R&B Performance for “Superwoman.” The best performance had to be by T.I., Kanye West, Jay-Z, M.I.A. and Lil’ Wayne for “Swagger Like Us.” Sunday night was M.I.A.’s due date and despite her pregnancy, she still killed it!