Great gifts under $30

It’s that time of year again when we see festive decorations, hear catchy holiday tunes and everyone seems to be in a more cheerful mood. Whether it is Hanukkah, Christmas or Kwanzaa, finding that unique present is always a top priority.If you want a yummy treat, go for the Whimsical Wonderland Holiday Gift Bag from pacificcookie.com. They have a choice of three festive holiday bags that come with two dozen cookies. There is a choice of 12 different flavors, and you get an assortment of four different types, all only $21.95.Another option is the cookie tin from pacificcookie.com. Great to share with the whole family, and for $29.95, you get two dozen cookies and your choice of a green, red, blue or silver tin.Ideal for any chocolate lover, Lake Champlain Chocolates in downtown Burlington sells a 15-piece assortment of holiday truffles for $26. In preparation for the brisk Vermont winters, a hat is an inexpensive and useful gift for anyone stuck in the snowy season. The North Face store sells unisex knit hats for around $20. If there is an aspiring artist in your family, then there are plenty of options. Boutiliers sells rather inexpensive sketch books and art supplies that are sure to keep any artist busy.For the decorator, Frog Hollow has lots of homemade artwork, where you can easily find something to please anyone. Gary Starr, an artist and bird watcher from Middlebury, Vermont makes hand-painted wooden ornaments of the different types of birds that he observes. They come in many different colors and are about $15 a piece.For the writers in the family, Urban Outfitters carries composition notebooks that come in three different vintage prints. Good for use as a planner, as a school notebook or as a personal journal, it is a simple and easy gift that’s rather inexpensive. They are two for $10, you can get many for multiple people. To get in the party mood, opt for a gift like the “Would you Rather … ?” game from Urban Outfitters where you have to pick between the gross, uncomfortable and funny scenarios it gives you. It costs $12 and is a perfect choice for those who like to have a good time.For the jokester of the family, spring for the Jokes on You! Prank kit. For $10, the kit’s six different practical jokes are sure to be a big hit with younger kids. The Chinese fortune sticks from Urban Outfitters are also a good option. There are 78 sticks and each one has a unique fortune. At only $16, it’s perfect for any of your Chinese-food loving friends.If anyone in your family is a nature lover, get them the micro terrarium from Urban Outfitters. It is a garden waiting to be grown. It is only $6 and really simple- all you have to do is follow the directions on the back. You can choose from polka dotted plants, clovers, cacti, herbs, brain-shaped flowers or a Venus fly trap.So don’t give up your holiday gift search just yet. This season you are sure to find something unique for everyone in your family – even on your college student budget!