Heartbreak in Washington

Despite fighting back from an early 2-0 hole, the Catamounts could not withstand the No. 1 team in the country as the Boston University Terriers fought back from two deficits to win a dramatic game 5-4.BU jumped out to an early lead in the first period, but after withstanding the early pressure UVM seemed to find their legs and deal with the nerves and quickly fought their way back into the game.The Cats scored three unanswered goals in the second period to go from being down 2-0 at the end of the first to finding themselves with the lead halfway through the game.Just as the Cats had fought back, the Terriers responded and tied the game at three with less than two minutes left in the third period.At the start of the third it looked as if BU was going to break the deadlock but with just over eight minutes gone in the period, UVM got a power play and for the second time in the game capitalized on the man advantage.With the power play expiring, freshman Drew MacKenzie rifled a shot from the center of the circles that was deflected and slid through the legs of goalie Kieran Millan.But just as they had in the second period, BU responded scoring two goals in the last seven minutes of the game to take a 5-4 advantage that they would not relinquish.Vermont ends the season with a record of 22-12-5 while BU moves on to face Miami in the National Championship game on Saturday night.Check back for more on the game.