If Only Kucinich Wasn’t Such a Little Wuss, We’d Be Set

What’s the difference between Bush’s continuing war on Iraq and Kerry’s voting for the war and wanting to send 40,000 more troops there? In a speech at Drake University, in Des Moines, IA on December 16, 2003, Kerry said, “As we internationalize the work in Iraq, we need to add 40,000 troops — the equivalent of two divisions — to the American military in order to meet our responsibilities elsewhere — especially in the urgent global war on terror. In my first 100 days as President, I will move to increase the size of our Armed Forces.”This is not an exit strategy. This is a call for a draft. What is the difference between a Bush draft and a Kerry draft?In response to an e-mail from me in March 2003 Kerry stated, “I voted last fall to authorize the use of force in Iraq because I believed then, as I believe now, that Saddam Hussein’s development and possession of weapons of mass destruction (WMD) pose a threat to our country and to his neighbors that must be confronted. Now that our country is engaged in war, it is incumbent upon all of us to support our troops in Iraq and to support President Bush as our Commander in Chief.Kerry won’t go near Bush on the war issue because he voted for the war, urged us all to rally behind our “Commander in Chief,” and intends to maintain a military presence in Iraq. Dennis Kucinich and over 100 other Congressmen and 20 Senators were not fooled by Bush’s lies. They voted against the war. Kucinich wants to end the American occupation of Iraq. He has an exit strategy. He can tackle Bush on the Iraq issue and win.