Log Home Building Seminar

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Build your own Log Home and Live Debt Free, class to be held at the Whitcomb Summit Motel in the Berkshires, Massachusetts. Berkshires, MA March 20, 2004 — The three-state, one hundred mile view at the Whitcomb Summit Motel, Cabins & Cafe will serve as the backdrop for a two-day log home building class offered by The Log Home Builder’s Association of North America. The class is scheduled for May 15th and 16th, 2004 at the world-famous tourist destination in the Berkshires, MA. The association normally offers classes at their ranch near Seattle, Washington but has created this “one time only” event for east-coast residents who are interested in building a log home. “You really can learn to build a log home in just a two day class,” said Roger Ott, a student who attended the class last summer and who is currently in the planning stages of building his own log home. “I’ve never picked up a tool in my life, but I am confident that I can build a beautiful log home now for less than the cost of a mobile home.” In addition to teaching the craft of log home building, The Log Home Builder’s Association of North America shows students how to use pioneering techniques to build their home from scratch without a log home kit. Many of the association’s students have used these techniques to build their log home without a mortgage. “You don’t need a crane or other expensive equipment to build a log home,” said Steve White, one of the association’s instructors. “You can build a log home using simple tools that will fit in the trunk of a car. The early settlers of the western United States used many techniques that are still valid today. The pioneers couldn’t run out to the hardware store every time they needed a tool.” The two-day class is offered periodically throughout the year at the association’s ranch near Seattle, Washington. This ranch was used by Universal Studios for the filming of the log mansion scenes of the award-winning television show, Northern Exposure. It was lived in by Maurice (the retired astronaut, played by actor Barry Corbin). To sign up for a class or to get more information about log home building, visit the association’s web site at www.loghomebuilders.org or call the association at (360) 794-4469. The cost of the class is included in the association’s lifetime membership fee of $495. For more information about motel accommodations, visit www.whitcombsummit.com, email [email protected] or call (800) 547-0944. About The Log Home Builder’s Association of North America The Log Home Builder’s Association of North America has been teaching students to build their own log homes and log cabins from scratch since 1965 and currently has over 45,000 members throughout the world. The association was founded by Skip Ellsworth, a fifth-generation log home builder who is considered the world’s foremost authority on log home construction. CONTACT INFORMATION: Steve WhiteThe Log Home Builder’s Association of North America425-894-0561http://www.loghomebuilders.org ###