Medical Center Nurse Nabbed in Marijuana Bust

(U-WIRE) CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – A nurse with the University of Virginia Medical Center was arrested Monday night after authorities found 195 marijuana plants in his Monte Vista Avenue home. Charlottesville, Va., police initially were alerted to the house to investigate a report of prescription forgery. The plants have an estimated street value of over $200,000. Six handguns, two rifles and a small quantity of cocaine also were recovered. The nurse, identified as Daniel Eli Comarovschi, 53, was charged with three felonies, including distribution of marijuana, possession of cocaine and possession of cocaine while in possession of a firearm. The Daily Progress reported that the incident is the biggest home-grown marijuana operation Charlottesville police officials can recall. Two City police officers arrived at the house Monday following a report that Comarovschi had presented a suspicious looking prescription to a CVS pharmacy. Pharmacy workers refused to fill the prescription and forensic testing later showed it was created using a computer printer. In the officers’ initial search a computer, a printer and prescription pads were confiscated. After obtaining a second search warrant, authorities returned to the house Tuesday and recovered the drugs, guns and more than $300 in cash.