Redstone extends hours

Effective Monday, Feb. 21, the Redstone Market will extend its hours during the week to offer an early breakfast option. The hours for the Redstone Market were extended in response to complaints by the student body regarding the short hours this semester, Melissa Zelazny, general manager of University Dining Services, said. “We are responding to the students who have become accustomed to the retail points plan during the first semester,” Zelazny said. “It is often hard when patterns are established to switch the hours on campus from one semester to another.” There will be additional costs associated with increasing the hours during the day, but they will make adjustments in other places to account for the need, Zelazny said. The benefits that are associated with extending the hours outweigh any costs, Gavin Caster, a representative for the Inter-Residence Association said. This is an opinion that Sodexo workers share with the students, Caster said. “The Facebook event made to inform students about the time change this Monday had more than 100 confirmed guests,” Jay Taylor of Sodexo Campus Services said. “Even before we had sent out the invites, it had generated more traffic than any of our other events,” Taylor said. ” It’s pretty clear that people are excited and happy about this.” The market will now be open from 7:30 a.m.–2:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, according to a release from University Dining Services. Dinner hours will shift one hour earlier, from 7–10 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 6–9 p.m. on the weekends, The deli and salad bar will not be open during lunch hours due to staffing constraints, Zelazny said in an e-mail.