Response to “Equality not equal to superiority”

To the author of “Equality not equal to superiority,” I have a few thoughts for you. First of all, I would like to point out that when making a point, particularly one that will be published, or even seen by other people, it would benefit you greatly to try not to sound like a complete idiot. This advice does not even take into consideration the sheer idiocy of your overall message. We’ll get to that in a minute. I’m just talking about your writing style, or lack thereof. Your “letter” had no structure, and in fact little resembling organization. You are a college student? I am appalled.Secondly, I will tell you in no uncertain terms that you are wrong. Not so much in your initial concept, but as you wrote on, I would have assumed that you would actually consider what you are saying. Here, let’s try this. Imagine that you, hard working person that you are, I’m sure, are working at a restaurant. You are one of two assistant managers, the other being female. Now, imagine that the head manager approaches you and says “hey, you’re doing a great job. I see that you’re working hard…some times even harder than your female counterpart. I just wanted to let you know that before I inform you that you will be making about half the money she makes. It’s nothing personal. It’s just that you’re a man. Oh, and by the way, why don’t you go into the back and wash dishes for a while. There’s a nasty clog in the drain that needs to be pulled out. And after that I need you to dig in the trash and find this young girl’s retainer.” Stinks, doesn’t it? Almost as much as being told that your work is worth less because you are a woman, and then asked to do the dirty work as well. Think on that. And in the event that you write a letter to apologize for your ignorance, try to make some sense.