This Week in Vermont Athletics:

November begins the fans movement from Centennial Field and the new turf to the Patrick-Gutterson Sports Complex. This weekend marks the Inaugural Hockey East games at Gutterson Fieldhouse. UVM ??s sixth ranked Catamounts will play host to Friars of Providence Friday and the first 1.000 fans will receive stress pucks. Then the 11th ranked Boston College Eagles come to town on Sunday, which is also student appreciation day. All students who present a valid UVM ID will receive a free ??Welcome to Catamount Country ESPN t-shirt, compliments of the Student Government Association. Also the first 2,500 fans will receive a wave stick courtesy of the Red Cross. So hopefully all of the student body will come out and support the hockey team as they charge into the conference season. In addition, the men’s basketball team will be tipping off against the Concordia Stingers on Sunday November 13 in their second pre-season game. Women’s hockey will in Boston this weekend competing against Northeastern on Saturday and Boston University on Sunday. If you’re in the city, show your support and go to the games. One of UVM’s most successful teams yet this season is our swimteam, they have beat St. Francis, Niagra and Siena and have only fallen to Maine this past weekend. This weekend they will be away competing against St. Francis (NY) and Wagner. Hopefully, they will be able to add two more wins to their record. The only fall team left to compete in regionals and maybe national championships is the Vermont Cross Country team, they have yet to end their season and will be on the road this weekend competing in the NCAA Regionals.