UVMtv wraps up its time in DC

UVMtv is officially moving out of the Davis Center, along with Growing Vermont and Underground Copy.Director of Operations and Event Services Allen Josey notified the groups president and senior Max Landerman March 7 that the group will need to move out of its space no later than May 31.The decision has been made by myself and Pat Brown [director of student life], with support from Chris Evans your adviser and the members of our Davis Center advisory committee that UVMtv should move out at the end of this spring semester and that the space be used for other purposes, Josey stated in the email.Joseythen sent a corrective email the following morning stating that adviser Chris Evans had not been involved with the decision to move UVMtv out of the Davis Center.In its place, Living Well will expand its offices into UVMtvs current space on a two-year contract starting June 3, according to an email sent by Josey Center for Health and Wellbeing director on March 8.Also moving out of the Davis Center are Underground Copy and Growing Vermont, which will most likely be occupied by a new Career Services office and a student group that SGA will choose, according to SGA President Connor Daley.Josey suggested UVMtv apply to take Growing Vermonts space, which will house a student group on a two-year basis.Landerman said the group does not plan to go through with this offer.Pat Brown wants us to apply with a proposal for the Growing Vermont space for two years, which would mean we would have to move again, he said.We dont plan to do that at all, its sort of a slap in the face because its half the size that we have now.Pat Brown said UVMtv was initially supposed to be able to sell advertisements in order to help pay for its rent but was never able to successfully sell any advertisements.On the other side, they have probably not grown as an organization being in that prime location, Brown said. We sat back and looked at the space and looked at the interests of other people wanting to be there in the space.We decided that Living Well moving in would serve more students in the long run than having UVMtv stay in that space.Landerman said the groups main focus in the upcoming weeks is to find a place to move somewhere around campus.Treasurer of UVMtv junior Hailey Grohman said the groups initial negative reaction to the decision has evolved into a positive outlook.We definitely understand more now that its not the end of the world, Grohman said. We sort of see it like UVMtv gets a new space so we can reinvent ourselves as a club. Its really our chance to start over.In the upcoming weeks UVMtv will continue to film as they begin looking for a new space outside of the Davis Center.Its going to be pretty frantic until May, Grohman said.