Vermont pre-teen killed in Randolph

Brooke Bennett, 12, of Braintree, Vt., went missing in the early summer after being dropped off at Cumberland Farms in Randolph, Vt. After Vermont State Police issued Vermont’s first ever Amber Alert, police speculated that she had met someone on Myspace.com.

Police later found that she had been abducted and sexually assaulted by her uncle Michael Jacques, who was a member of sex ring, according to WCAX. Bennett’s remains were found a week later in Randolph.

STAFF REPORT

Cynic News Staff

Wednesday June 25

Brooke Bennett reported missing to the police

Thursday June 26

A family member finds clothing near Vermont 65 in Brookfield similar to attire Bennett had been wearing

Vermont State Police issue Vermont’s first Amber Alert.

Friday June 27

State police dive teams search Sunset Lake, near where items belonging to Bennett were found

Sunday June 29

State police arrest Brooke’s uncle, Michael Jacques, on a charge of aggravated sexual assault on a minor

Monday June 30

Jacques, a convicted sex offender, is charged in Vermont District Court in Chelsea and held for lack of $250,000

Tuesday July 1

Police arrest Brooke’s stepfather Raymond A. Gagnon on a charge of aggravated sexual assault on a minor

Wednesday July 2

A witness revealed that they saw Bennett on June 25 at the home of Jacques and stated that Bennett was initiated into the Breckenridge sex club that day and was never seen after going upstairs with Jacques. The body of Bennett was later found in a sugarhouse in Randolph