Wellbeing center moves into Davis

Living Well, a resource center that houses the Education & Outreach staff from the Center for Health & Wellbeing (CHWB), has just moved into the Davis Center. ? Students can now stop by the first-floor offices, located in the space that formerly held the Computer Depot, for health and wellness education and events, according to Jennifer Shasberger, CHWB’s marketing coordinator. ? “We wanted to be somewhere central where students could access all of our services,” she said. ? In addition to workshops and resource information on health issues that include alcohol, drugs, sexual health, body image, mental health and nutrition, Living Well will also be opening a relaxation room available to students. ? The room will contain a massage chair, relaxing music, aromatherapy, light therapy and more, according to Living Well’s informational flyer. ? Living Well is also affiliated with campus organizations such as Active Minds, the Health & Wellness residential learning community, the Collegiate Recovery community and the “Shaken & Stirred” student video contest. ? Living Well was also behind the “Med Mob,” a flash meditation mob that took place in the Davis Center on Nov. 11, and Shasberger said another flash mob is already being planned. ? Students are encouraged to stop by Living Well to check out the resources, use the services and meet the staff.