Professor Robert G. Kaufman

I am saddened by the fact that Political Correctness, Intolerance of Diversity, and Eastern Elitism will be depriving future students of the opportunity to learn how to become better citizens.

It is a shame that the University of Vermont is not large enough to accommodate individuals who believe in the innate goodness and greatness of the United States, our exceptional founding, our present, and our future.

I have had the distinct privilege of having three courses with Professor Kaufman. His courses have all been demanding, interesting, worthwhile and enjoyable. I look forward to his classes where the lessons of the day are imparted with great wit and clarity.

It is unfortunate that current and future students will not be able to enjoy this challenging standard of excellence.

I have a BA from Williams College and a MBA from The Wharton School, the University of Pennsylvania, which are always ranked in the top five in the country, often number one, so I have some reasonable standard on which to judge scholarship and teaching ability.

Professor Kaufman is the best teacher I have had. I wish him and his family well in California.

I would hope that the University of Vermont would learn from this experience to reach out in such a manner that creates true diversity and eliminates political correctness, which stifles free speech at the University of Vermont.

Sincerely,

Colin McNaull