Stop for the Moment

Too often, we think about the past or try to envision the future, but virtually no time is spent experiencing the present tense. About what is happening at this very moment. About being conscious of what is around us. Now meditation may sound a bit hokie to most, but that is what this is. Focusing on a moment in time. One of a million that we experience in a lifetime. Just focusing on that moment, experiencing it, and being fully aware of everything that you see, hear, and can touch. Not thinking about what memories these feelings may bring up, but experiencing them for what they are at that instant, completely new and unadulterated. Your life, right now, at this instant, is completely real but so often not experienced as anything more than another step towards the future or a reflection of the past. What I find even more fascinating is the belief in a god, or a supreme being. Many people spend their entire lives devoted to nothing but achieving heaven or some form of utopia granted by a supreme being. This brings back the idea of not thinking about the present and focusing entirely on what the future holds. Is there a god, or is there just us? Are we the ones in control of our future, or is some all-powerful entity? In my personal opinion, it is only us. Miracles are not an act of god, but an act of human will. They say we only use 10% of our brain’s capacity, so what about that other 90% of wasted brain. Is it possible that the other 90% can be used for experiencing complete consciousness, for focusing our energy on one single desire and performing a so-called miracle? Who knows, I don’t have the answer, I’m just proposing that we stop thinking about the past which we can’t change and the future which we can’t always control and think about the present tense which we are experiencing at this very moment and are in complete control of. The past can be misconstrued and the future cannot always be seen, but what is happening right now is real and cannot be mistaken for anything else.