The false recovery

As college students who will soon enter the labor market, the unemployment rate is an important indicator of how the economy will be when we graduate.

If the unemployment rate is low, the economy is expanding and there are plenty of jobs being created.

In this scenario, workers have more power because they can demand higher wages, since finding a better paying job is easier to get.

But if the unemployment rate is high, the economy is in a slump — there is a surplus of people looking for work and there is a shortage of jobs.

In this situation, workers have less leverage in negotiating contracts or benefits, since there are more people looking for work than there are jobs available.

Consequently, the unemployment rate can reveal many important features about the economy for policy makers, workers, employers and future college graduates.

The unemployment rate is calculated by dividing the number of the unemployed by the labor force.

The national unemployment rate is officially 5.8 percent as of October, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

In the middle of the Great Recession, the unemployment rate reached a peak of 10 percent in October 2009.

The economy is recovering from the financial crisis, according to these statistics.

But these statistics are deceiving, since they don’t explain why the unemployment rate has been falling over the last few years.

Conventional wisdom would indicate that the unemployment rate has been falling because the unemployed have found work.

But the reality is much grimmer than that.

The unemployment rate has been declining, but not because people have found jobs, but rather because they are no longer considered part the current labor force.

In other words, the drop in unemployment rates has been primarily due to the fact that workers haven’t been able to find work and are simply not taken into account for these statistics.

These people are considered “discouraged workers,” but it doesn’t change the reality that they haven’t been able to find employment.

Even though the “official” unemployment rate is falling, the economy has not been able to provide these people with jobs.

“The real unemployment rate is 12.6 percent,” according to Forbes, which is more than double the official rate.

Therefore, the unemployment rate underestimates the number of jobless people, and is no longer a clear reflection of what is occurring in the economy.

If we want a more accurate representation of what is going on in the economy, we have to look at the labor force participation rate, defined as the percentage of people who are working or looking for work that are 16 years and older.

The labor force participation rate in October 2009 was 65 percent, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

In October, the participation rate was 62.8 percent.

This means that we had more people participating in the labor force during the peak of the Great Recession than we have today.

As college students, we should be very concerned.

For one, this means that the economy is, in fact, not recovering. The economy is in a slump.

However, mainstream economics has run out of solutions.

Government stimulus has flopped, lowering interest rates to spur investment have failed and lowering taxes to increase consumption has also been unsuccessful.

The economy is stagnant with dead neoclassical ideas, and it can no longer provide any meaningful answers to the problems we face today.

Secondly, this means that once we graduate there will be a shortage of jobs available.

Of course, not all graduates will struggle to find work, depending on their major, but on average, there is a scarcity of jobs for everyone.

Lastly, workers have dropped out of the labor force, which explains the decrease in the unemployment rate.

But that doesn’t explain why they haven’t been able to find work.

Recall that the neoclassical economic philosophy has real world consequences.

And, as I will explain in my next article, these consequences will be affecting us on a very personal level.