Time Altered Reality

The inflexibility of many people’s minds nowadays disturbs me deeply. Over the course of the past few months, throughout numerous discussions with fellow students, I have come to realize the thick headedness of many of them.

So here’s the deal, time is the measure of change. That would be hard to dispute. That being said, as time progresses, circumstances of all situations themselves begin to differ. As rational beings, we must remain perceptive to these changes through the progress of time. Remaining flexible to these changes in our thoughts and beliefs is as much a vital part of rationality as any other. Thus, we must allow rationality to dictate reality.

A perfect example of this would be the current form of political clan membership. Personally, I do not label myself a democrat or republican, a liberal or conservative, a whatever or whoever. These are just words. However, throughout my many encounters, people have chose to burden me with these bothersome stereotypes. Surprisingly, I’ve been labeled from one end of the spectrum to the other. Why?

As far as I can tell it is because my views change and remain flexible through time, depending upon the knowledge I have gained up to that point or the numerous arguments presented by others that I have been privy to through my encounters. Hence, whereas at one time my fellow student may feel that I am liberal on a subject, a few weeks later it might appear that I may be a conservative to another person with the same belief structure. Does this mean anything to anyone? If anything, I would just hope that anyone that reads this would rethink how they judge things and remember to remain open-minded to the circumstances of reality, rather than adhere to a close-minded stagnant form of rationality.