Boss, goat, quote

Ê

Boss: Tiger Woods

Let’s give him his moment – he won his first PGA Tour since the sex scandal in 2009.

It was the Arnold Palmer Invitational and although the host himself was hospitalized with a high blood pressure, Tiger still pounded home the win. Hopefully for his sake, and the sake of professional golf, he’ll be able to get a few more. I’ll crack an Arnie Palmer to that.  

Ê

Goat: North Carolina Tar Heels

It’s been a tough run for the Tar Heels. Although they ruined Vermont in the second round, they were faced with a closer game against Creighton and then nearly lost to the No. 13 seed Ohio, who took them to a dramatic overtime without the injured Kendall Marshall. Then, of course, they lost to the other Ohio team and, like the Fab-less ‘Cuse, failed to reach the Final Four.

Maybe I’m just pissed because, along with Obama and a lot of people, I had UNC taking the tournament, but still, come on, that just blows.

Ê

Quote:

“So Peyton Manning was a tremendous MVP quarterback, but he’s been injured. If that injury comes back, Denver will find itself without a quarterback. And in my opinion, it would serve them right.”

– “The 700 Club” host Pat Robertson on the Broncos’ ditching of outwardly religious Tim Tebow as their starting quarterback.