Cynic NFL Picks: Week fourteen

Cincinnati Bengals vs. Minnesota Vikings
Pick Vikings

This game should be exciting with two of the NFL’s better and playoff bound teams squaring off in the Metrodome in Minnesota.  But it’s hard not to like the Vikings.  They seem nearly impossible to slow down, with a hard hitting defense, and the league’s second highest scoring offense behind Adrian Peterson, and the ageless, Brett Favre.  Go with the better team, the Vikings.

Philadelphia Eagles vs.
New York Giants
Pick Eagles

Both teams are wildly inconsistent and you can never be sure which one will decide to show up ready to play.  When the teams first met earlier in the season, the Eagles trounced the Giants to a tune of 40-17.  I have to go with past performances, and I think the Eagles can do it again in this Sunday night prime time game.

Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Cleveland Browns
Pick Steelers

Again the NFL is showcasing a lackluster Thursday night game.  Is there any doubt in anyone’s minds that the Browns will win?  The Browns have lost twelve straight games to the Steelers, and when the teams matched up in week 6, Big Ben scorched the Browns D, passing for over 400 yards in an easy win.

Denver Broncos vs.
Indianapolis Colts
Pick Broncos

One of the league’s top defenses will take on the league’s top passer, Peyton Manning, and I’m going with the defense to win the battle, and pull off the upset.  The Broncos consistently drop eight men in coverage, and have done a great job blanketing their opponent’s receivers, which will fluster the pass heavy Colts, and force them into mistakes that will cost them the game.

San Diego Chargers vs.
Dallas Cowboys
Pick Chargers

After a 2-3 start, the Chargers are winners of seven in a row, playing some of the best football in the NFL, and are making a strong push for a playoff spot leading the AFC West.  The Cowboys are the leaders in the overrated NFC East, and are also making a strong play for playoff contention.  Both teams need a win to stay on top, but the Chargers offense will be too much for the Cowboys D to handle.