Fans celebrate UVM sports

This Saturday, Vermont Athletics will host Fan Appreciation Day at Virtue Field to celebrate an outstanding year for UVM’s competitive teams.

The event starts at 12:00 pm and will conclude at 1:30—just enough time to make it over to Springfest.

Fan Appreciation Day includes free food, games and raffle prizes.

Bagels Plus, Boloco, Ben and Jerry’s, Cabot, Coca Cola, Green Mountain Coffee Roasters, Hannaford’s, Leonardo’s, Ramunto’s and Sodexo are providing food.

Prizes for games and raffles come from Five Guys, the DoubleTree by Hilton, Junior’s, the Vermont Lake Monsters, Moe’s Southwest Grill, Nectar’s and more.

Top Hat Entertainment will be providing a bounce house, and DJ Josh Bugbee will be providing tunes.

After enjoying some free food and entertainment, Vermont Athletics invites you to cheer on the Catamounts men’s lacrosse team as they take on the University of Hartford at 1:00 p.m.

The event is free to all UVM students with a student ID. Students are encouraged to bring

friends or family to the event.

Tickets are $5 for the general public, $3 for children 17 and under and free for kids 12 and under.

UVM faculty and staff tickets are $3, and Victory Club members and Rally’s Round Up members can enter for free with their membership cards.

The event was planned and organized by Krista Balogh’s CDAE 195: Event Planning for Athletics class.

The class worked in teams to tackle issues of ticket operations, event marketing and entertainment.