Frozen Four Shorts

Clean Sweep for Terriers

The Boston University Terriers have not lost a single tournament in which they have competed this season.
And the No. 1 team in the country proved themselves once again on Saturday winning their fifth National Championship with a 4-3 win over Miami (Ohio).
Beginning with the Ice Breaker Invitational at the beginning of the season and continuing all the way through the Denver Cup, Beanpot Tournament, Hockey East regular season and tournament championships and now the National Championship, the Terriers have won everything put in front of them.

From walk-on to Hobey

Boston University’s Matt Gilroy finished out his college hockey career with a bang.
After turning down a pro contract at the end of his junior year to come back and play another year with the Terriers, Gilroy won the Hobey Baker Memorial trophy and the National championship.
Gilroy, who was not recruited out of youth leagues as a forward, went to BU as a walk-on defensemen where he quickly asserted himself as one of the best in the nation.
Gilroy finished this season with 36 points on eight goals and 28 assists.

Not leaving empty-handed

Despite missing out on making the top three in the Hobey Baker voting and missing out on a chance to play for the National Championship, Vermont’s Swedish rocket Viktor Stalberg is not going home empty-handed.
The junior was announced as a member of the All-American East First Team on Friday night where he was joined by three members of the Hockey East conference.
Stalberg is the first Catamount to earn this distinction since Martin St. Louis in 1997 and the twenty-first in program history.
Stalberg led the Cats to a 22-12-5 record this season while tallying 24 goals, 22 assists and 46 points.
The Toronto Maple Leafs draft pick is still undecided on whether he will return for his senior season.