NFL picks week 11

Baltimore Ravens vs. Cincinnati Bengals — Sunday, Nov. 20, 1 p.m.

The Ravens just might be the most confounding team in the NFL. On three separate occasions this year, Baltimore has lost to a bad football team just one week after getting a very impressive win.

They fell to Tennessee — if you would like to argue that the Titans are a good football team please go look at the teams they have beaten other than Baltimore — Jacksonville and Seattle after beating the Steelers, Texans and Steelers again. The Ravens, in all honesty, should have at most one loss.

The Bengals played a lot better than I thought they would against Pittsburgh, but I really think Cincinnati will struggle in the upcoming weeks.

In their next four games they play at Baltimore, home against Cleveland — that’s a victory — at Pittsburgh and home against Houston. The Bengals just lost their best defensive back, Leon Hall, for the season and after the difficult stretch may be looking at a 7-6 record.

The Pick: Baltimore

Atlanta Falcons vs. Tennessee Titans — Sunday, Nov. 20, 4:15 p.m.

Week 11 in the NFL doesn’t have a great slate of matchups, which leads us to highlight a game featuring two 5-4 teams. That is not to say there isn’t intrigue here as both the Titans and Falcons are in a position to compete for a wild-card spot in their respective conferences.

The AFC and NFC both have teams that have seemingly “clinched” a wild-card spot. The Ravens or Steelers will win one of the spots in the AFC and the second place team in the NFC North — either the Lions or Bears — will most likely earn a spot.

That leaves one playoff birth open in each conference and the list of contenders at this point in the season is a long one.

Falling to 5-5 for either of these teams would be a staggering blow to playoff hopes and I think the Falcons are dying to redeem themselves after giving away last week’s game to New Orleans. Look for Michael Turner to run all over the Titans’ 22nd-ranked rush defense.

The PIck: Atlanta

New York Giants vs. Philadelphia Eagles — Sunday, Nov. 20, 8:20 p.m.

We all knew the Eagles were a disappointment going into their game against Arizona last Sunday, but who would’ve thought that it would get this bad?

After losing to one of the most lifeless teams in the NFL — at home no less — Andy Reid has to fear for his job. It won’t get any easier either as the Eagles still have this game against the division-leading Giants, home versus New England, home versus the Jets and at Dallas.

The Giants suddenly find themselves a single game above the Cowboys in the division and have the NFL’s toughest remaining schedule.

The Giants have to play Dallas twice, New Orleans, Green Bay and what should be a fascinating game against the Jets. If the Giants lay an egg against Philly, not only will the NFC East be up for grabs, the Giants playoff hopes will be too.

The Pick: New York