NFL Picks Week 11

Kansas City vs Denver

The undefeated Kansas City Chiefs are in for a mile high of a test going up against Peyton Manning and the 8-1 Denver Broncos at home this Sunday night. 

For the second straight week, the Broncos will be without head coach John Fox as he is recovering from a successful aortic heart valve replacement surgery. Defensive coordinator, Jack Del Rio will continue as the interim head coach.

Manning and his high-powered offense is ranked first in passing yards while Kansas City’s defense is ranked third in passing yards allowed.

The Chiefs are going to focus on getting after Manning early. Kansas City has a phenomenal 36 sacks on the season. 

Alex Smith is going to have to have himself a good day passing the ball, and trying to capitalize on the struggling Denver defense. Denver has a solid run defense, though they are a dismal 30th in opponents passing yards per game. 

Watch for Peyton to get rid of the ball quickly on short, rapid patterns to ease the surging pass rush of the Chiefs. 

Despite the stellar defense of the Chiefs, give me Peyton and company in this divisional battle by ten.

Ê

The Picks
Kansas City: Stu

Denver: Jake, Taylor, Owen, Colin, Julia and Rory

Ê

San Francisco vs New Orleans

Ê

San Francisco’s stout rushing attack looks to run all over the New Orleans Saints this Sunday afternoon at the Superdome

Colin Kaepernick hasn’t had the season that most experts predicted he would have up to this point. 

The passing attack for San Francisco is the worst in the league at this juncture. 

Though, the first ranked run game for the 49er’s has been as lethal as any. 

I wouldn’t expect anything less of their run game going up against the 25th ranked run defense in the league. 

Drew Brees, averaging 317 pass yards a game will look to continue his dominance in the air against a defense that is giving up only 220 yards per game.

Saints head coach Sean Payton looks to get his first win against the head coach of the 49ers, Jim Harbough.

I think that the Saints are going to have to put a spy on Kaepernick all night to make sure he is not able to break out with his legs.

If New Orleans can do that and make Kaepernick be a pocket passer, they will come out with the W. New Orleans 28 – San Francisco 27.

Ê

The Picks

San Francisco: Jake and Rory

New Orleans: Stu, Taylor, Owen, Colin and Julia

Ê

New England vs Carolina

Ê

Tom Brady and the New England Patriots are gearing up for Cam Newton and the Carolina Panthers for a Monday night showdown at Bank of America Stadium. 

The last time these two teams met up was Dec. 2009, when the Patriots defeated the Cam-less Panthers, 20-10. 

Carolina has been a tougher matchup thus far this year than in recent memory, led by the 9th overall pick in the 2012 draft, Luke Kuechly who leads the team in tackles and interceptions. 

New England has started to look like the usual offensively explosive Patriots after going through some growing pains with Brady and his new core of receivers that include Aaron Dobson, Kenbrell Thompkins and Danny Amendola

If New England’s defense can force some turnovers and give Brady extra possessions, then Carolina’s defense will begin to break down and all bets are off. 

I see this being a hard fought battle by both teams though; I am calling the upset in this one. 

I believe Cam and the offense will put up enough points to leave it up to the Carolina defense to limit the offensive production of the Pats. 

Panthers in a close one by three. 

The Picks

New England: Stu, Taylor, Julia and Colin

Carolina: Jake, Owen and Rory