Sports in Short

Shorts

By: Mike Eaton

Staff Writer

Quote of the week:

“It’s all good. I liked it.” — Manny Ramirez

Referring to the booing he received from his own fans after striking out three times on April 5.

Boss of the week: Texas A&M Women

The Lady Aggies earned their first NCAA Championship title on April 5, when they beat Notre Dame 76-70. Danielle Adams led Texas A&M with 30 points, tearing up the inside lane to give her team the win. It was a close fourth quarter, right up until the last 29 seconds. But in the end, the Aggies capitalized and the Irish just couldn’t keep fighting.

Goat of the week: Grant Hill

Grant Hill had a hard time unbunching his panties after a 97-94 loss to the Bulls on April 5. Claiming that a fan swore and spit at him after the game, the 38-year-old Sun’s guard had to be restrained by security.

You lost, get over it. You can wipe away that spit with one of those $4 million that you’re making for being able to throw a ball through a ring with mild success.

Kailey Gardner named team’s Athlete of the Year

The UVM swimming and diving team honored Kailey Gardner as their Athlete of the Year on April 4. She finished first in the 1,000 freestyle seven out of eight times this season, ranking in the top spots in America East long-distance swimming.

Men’s lacrosse still perfect at home

The men’s Lacrosse team ended a two game losing skid against Holy Cross on April 5 to remain perfect at home and even up their record 5-5. Drew Philie continued his dominant season, tallying four goals and an assist in the 15-5 win.