Sports in short

Quote of the week: “You guys deserve it.” — Cav’s guard/forward Anthony Parker

Addressing Cleveland fans after a 102-90 defeat of LeBron James and the Heat on March 29.

Boss of the week: Chad Ochocinco

Ochocinco earned a reserve spot on the Sporting Kansas City MLS team onMarch 29, accompanied by much praise and admiration from coach Peter Vermes. He will not get a contract or be paid, but it is exactly what Ochocinco was hoping for to stay in shape until the NFL gets its act together.

This is a testament to his character, as both his athleticism and devotion is very impressive. Plus it’s a nice and subtle middle finger to Roger Goodell and the NFL.

Goat of the week: LeBron James

When LeBron said that this second return to Cleveland can’t be any worse than the first, he was wrong. Dead wrong. After having his entourage denied entry to the arena and skipping out on player introductions, LeBron was humiliated by the Cavs — and their fans.

Voelkel named to Freshman All-America Team

First year Brian Voelkel was one of only 21 first-year men’s basketball athletes in the nation to be named to CollegeInsider.com’s 2011 All-America Team. He is the only player representing both America East and New England on this prestigious team.

Mas given second straight AE Rookie of the Week honor

After leading the Catamounts to two wins last week, first year Sydney Mas earned her second straight America East Rookie of the Week title for women’s lacrosse. She tallied seven goals and 11 draw controls in wins over Oregon and Stony Brook, holding her top spot in America East for goals this season.