Sports Shorts

Blakely, Kotsopoulos and Pilypaitis finalists for America East Fans Choice Player of the Year

Senior Marques Blakely of the men’s basketball team and seniors Courtnay Pilypiatis and May Kotsopoulos of the women’s basketball team have been selected as finalists for the America East Fan’s Choice Player of the Year award. The men’s winner will be announced on March 2 and the women’s winner will be announced on March 3.

Stalberg named Hockey East Rookie of the Week

Freshman Sebstian Stalberg of the men’s hockey team was named the Hockey East Rookie of the Week, for the third time this season. He netted a goal and had two assists against the New Hampshire Wildcats, in the series played Feb. 19 and 20.

Men’s lacrosse falls to Bryant 7-4 in season opener

Senior Ryan Gillette, junior Derek Lictfuss, sophomore Geoff Worley and freshman Zack Telander all scored in this opening game of the season. Though Gillette and Lictfuss scored with under two minutes left to play in the game it, was not enough and the Catamounts fell to Bryant on the road.

Swimmer Molly MacMillan on America East On Campus show

Senior Molly MacMillan of the swimming and diving team was featured on America East on Campus, a show on NESN that looks at different storylines surrounding America East. The show detailed MacMillan’s success in the pool and also her community service contributions.